Our holiday was canceled and we were transferred to a Thomsons Gold hotel. Some background information for those of you who don’t know me personally: every year my family goes to Es Cana, Ibiza, for the last two weeks of season. Variation is nice, but we know all of the bar staff around here so […]
I updated my blog’s platform last night. It was a seamless transition, and there is now tagging support for me to implement. Apart from that, there doesn’t really seem to be anything different. Also, these bugs are starting to really irritate me. In Internet Explorer 6 the post headers are in weird places, and run […]
I’m not entirely sure how, but in attempting to add a search box to the top of orangeacid.net I’ve managed to disable the header links and retard my headings. I’d take the time to fix them now, but to be honest I feel like shit, so it will have to wait. I caught this cold […]
As part if my job as salesman at Comet I have to sell warranties. The total value of the warranties I sell during the week is inputted into my sales matrix. In theory, if I meet my average-sales-per-hour target, and of my total at least 8% is essentials such as cables and tables, and another […]
OK, so the compressed air thing didn’t really work. The volume of this thing really has to be heard to be believed. It is possibly even louder than my old base unit which had some sort of beasty extractor fan on the side. I’m pretty sure that it’s not the PSU fan, because that makes […]
The fan system above the processor in my computer was pretty dusty, but also pretty hot, so I decided to wait for it to cool before spraying the compressed air. Lucky I did really: it gave me a chance to read the label properly, and as it turns out, the ‘compressed air’ is actually a chemical mix that is highly flammable. I decided to do a quick spark-check on the residue that I presume shouldn’t really be evident from compressed air, but was being produced in copious amounts from my canister.
I initially tried this on an old Marshall practice amp that I have in my room, but I’m not trying that again. I tried it out on an unused skateboard after and took some pictures to give you some sort of idea of the flammability: